Sunday, January 4, 2009

This is the beginning of a brand new year and I am hoping to make this blog thing work. I am really excited about the chance to share things about our family and what we do in everyday life. Our new year started out with a bang. For the last couple of years we have had bubble wrap at the house on New Years Eve and when Troy and I decide it is time to celebrate with the little ones we break out the bubble wrap and yell happy New Year and everyone jumps on the bubbles and pops them. It is so fun and the kids think it is their thing to do now. We had a great New Years Eve. We watched movies, did bubble wrap, ate treats and the big kids went to the dance. Good times!







Let’s back up though and tell a little about what we did for Christmas. The best part of our Christmas was sharing it with Great Grandma Harris. We got to go down to her home in Long Beach and take her a Christmas tree. The kids and I strung cranberries and the kids all picked out their favorite ornament from our tree to share with her. Her tree was really cute. She really liked it. We went to lunch with her to Hometown Buffet (her third time that week, she didn't tell us that.) and then we went shopping at Wal-Mart. We took her home, took some pictures and bid her goodbye. It was an awesome experience and time with her. We also did another fun thing. We took stockings to the missionaries in our ward and the ones that live behind us. We went to the dollar store and found lots of toys and candy for them it was so fun.

The kids got some fun stringed instruments for Christmas and a karaoke machine. They have been having so much fun playing all the neat instruments. We got a Dulcimer, a Bass Guitar, A mini Acustic Guitar, a Banjo, an Electric Guitar, and a Mandolin. They are so fun. It was a wonderful Christmas. On Friday after Christmas we went to Mesa to visit family and it was busy but very fun for all. It was nice to spend time with all our cousins again. It was also good to see Dena and the kids again, even if only for a few minutes. We love them so much.







Well back to today. This is the day that we set our goals for the New Year. It is our tradition to write them down and put them in our stocking till next year when we see how we did. One of my goals is to keep up this blog so that we can have a history for our family.

This holiday season has been very special to me. Having my family together and being at home has been absolutely wonderful. I love my family so much and am so blessed by my savior. I am grateful to have had the chance to reflect on his life and what it means to me. I love my savior and am so grateful for the sacrifices that he made for me. I am grateful for his love and forgiving nature. I am blessed to have a wonderful family and children that are so special to me. I couldn't have asked for more awesome children. They bless my life everyday. We love our extended family and are so grateful to them for their support and love. Thank you all and have a great New Year.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great! I love it. Hope you guys have a very happy new year and live each day like it is your last. Say the things that will make people know you love them. Give lots of hugs. Love Grandma Noh

Billie said...

Love the picts, glad you blogged!