Sunday, January 18, 2009

My kids are so smart

My kids are so smart; they should be in smart kid’s hall of fame. Ha ha! Semester grades recently came out, and I have to say that I am so proud of all of my kids.

The three little girls have all improved a great deal in both reading and math. Since starting at their new school halfway through the 1st quarter, Jenna and Shelbie have raised their reading level more than a full grade level. They have all been doing so well academically. Chloe is doing great also. She made honor roll this semester. (Whatever that means to a kindergartener I don’t know). We are so proud of all of them.

The older three kids are also doing so well in school. Brittani made honor roll this semester and has done pretty well in her grades. Like all of us she has a little to work on before she is “perfect”. Classes at their new school are at a higher level than they are used to. She is doing great. Nathan and Treya are doing really well in High School. This is the end of Treya’s first semester in High School and she got straight A’s and is ranked #1 student our of 79 total 9th grade students. She made top honors for Honor Roll. This has been a goal of hers for the past three years and she is really happy to have made it. Along with that she enjoys any sport. Currently she is on the basketball team and they are really pretty good. This is her first time ever playing basketball and she has gotten some pretty good court time. Her coach says it is because of her good attitude and hard working spirit. Nathan raised his GPA from 2.58 to 3.56 this semester. We are really proud of his progress in school. He is ranked 13 out of 49 total juniors. He also made the honor roll this semester. Aside from academics Nate loves music, especially the guitar kind. We got a whole bunch of stringed instruments for Christmas and he has been trying to learn them all. We got a bass guitar, an electric guitar, a mini acoustic guitar, a dulcimer, a mandolin, and a banjo. They are really fun. He also is part of the drama club at school. Their next play is a musical called “Remembering the 80’s”. I think that is what it is called. Whatever it is called it makes me feel old, since that of course was my time. Some of the girls are trying out next week to join a group called shenanigans. It is a dance, sing, act, type group or club. I don’t know much about it; however I think they will have fun.

Needless to say we are all so busy. I am busy just trying to calendar all of the activities that the kids, Troy and I have. Just that is a full time job. Ha ha. Well, that’s all until next time. I hope I am not so long winded then.


This is Chloe receiving her Honor roll aword.

Chloe and Jenna at the awords assembly.

Chloe and her kindergarten teacher.

3 comments:

Washington Tacoma Mission said...

Grandma Shirley and I think your kids are smart too. We sure do miss them.
Papa noh

Stephanie said...

Good to hear about your kids...they sound like they are doing good! Thats awsome!

Billie said...

I never posted on this! Sorry! Your kids are awesome and wonderful! I am so proud of them too!
K, love you!